Win a Weekend at The Goring
Thermidor the Lobster Competition
This summer the Cornish Riviera is in residence at The Goring - the best fish, the best wines, the best lobsters are all here for Londoners to enjoy. The Goring’s Michelin-starred Chef Shay Cooper has collaborated with Rick Stein and his son, executive chef Jack Stein, to create a scrumptious Cornish-inspired menu, bursting with lobster, crab and the freshest fish imaginable.
During this summer celebration of Cornwall, Bar-baa-raa, The Goring’s resident sheep, is off on holiday so she has left a trusted friend to look after the hotel. Thermidor the lobster is used to keeping things on the boil!
In celebration of 'A Taste of Cornwall', we are offering one lucky person the chance to win a weekend stay at The Goring. Simply snap your Thermidor lobster doing something fun and post your photo on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #CornwallatTheGoring
There are also two runners-up prizes to win "Cornwall - Weekend Journals", an inspirational new guidebook about Cornwall.
You can be as creative as you like with your Thermidor photo - snap him at the hotel, at home or somewhere more exotic... the choice is yours.
The full terms and conditions of entry and prize details are outlined below. The prize is open to global participants; however the prize winner will be responsible for their own travel.
Terms & Conditions and Prize Details
- The competition will have one prize draw, for which one winner will be selected [hereafter referred to as the “Prize Winner”].
- The winner will be selected at random after 31st August 2017.
- The prize [hereafter referred to as the “Prize”] consists of a weekend stay (either Friday and Saturday night or Saturday and Sunday night) at The Goring for two people in a Delightful King Room, with breakfast included. The winner of the Prize is responsible for their own travel to and from The Goring.
- The Prize will be valid until 30th December 2017, subject to availability and seasonal blackout dates.
- The competition will be conducted via The Goring’s Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- To enter, participants will be expected to post a photo of Thermidor the Lobster doing something fun and include the hashtag #CornwallatTheGoring
- Those participants who correctly post an image of Thermidor with the hashtag will be entered into the prize draw [hereafter referred to as the “Prize Draw”] for the opportunity to win the Prize. Those who do not include Thermidor the Lobster with the hashtag in their post will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
- Entrants will be accepted from the competition opening date on 2nd June 2017 until 31st August 2017.
- Participants are only permitted to post one single entry per user which will be submitted into the Prize Draw.
- Entrants must be aged 16 years old or over.
- The Prize Winner will be responsible for any additional spend during their hotel stay, including but not limited to: food, beverages, alcohol, room service, guest services, breakages and tickets arranged via the Concierge.
- The selected Prize Winner will be contacted via direct message through the same social media platform through which they participated.
- The Goring reserves the right to announce the Prize Winner via its social media, marketing and PR channels.
- The Goring is not liable for personal damages, losses, cancellations or claims.
- Once notified, the Prize Winner will have seven days to claim their prize. If the Prize Winner fails to respond during that period, the Prize will be withdrawn and an alternative winner selected.
- The Prize Winner will have their reservation confirmed once they provide their full contact details and proposed date of stay.
- No cash alternatives.
- No refunds available.
- The Goring reserves the right to cancel/vary the prize without notice.