We’d like to assure you that we are committed to protecting the privacy of all our users. We will ensure that the information you provide us with is kept private and confidential, and we will only use it to provide the services you request.
By making your travel purchase on our online booking engine, you are protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, utilized by most popular browsers, including Netscape and Microsoft Explorer. Through encryption, the personal information you enter, including your name, address and credit-card information, is converted into code that is then securely dispatched over the Internet.
Your personal information refers to the data obtained from you in connection with the service provided. Your privacy is important to us and we promise to respect your personal information.
Information is collected lawfully and we will do our best to ensure that your details are accurate and up-to-date.
We will use your personal information for the following reasons so that we can provide you with a first class service:
• To confirm, update and improve customer records
• Identify and inform you of services that may be of interest
• Analyse and develop a relationship with you
Personal information you supply us with and the information about your use of services will only be used by The Goring, to tell you by letter, telephone or email about services that may be of interest to you.
Information You Voluntarily Provide
Cookies are small amounts of information that are sent to and are stored on your computer. They are used by The Goring to identify you when you visit the site, and to make your use of the site more convenient for you. If you do not wish to have Cookies placed on your computer you can disable Cookies on your Internet browser.
Information We Automatically Collect
When you browse the website or make a purchase, we may automatically collect information about your visit by using cookies. This information may include your device type, browser, IP address, how you came to the website or how you interacted with the website. This information may be used to monitor or improve website performance or deliver targeted advertising. Information from the cookie alone generally will not identify you personally and we will not use this information in connection with any personally identifiable information you have provided.
Information We Share with Third Party Providers
We may share your personally identifiable information with service providers including
- Payment processors for secure credit card payment transaction.
- Hosting services.
- Email service providers to send you emails pertaining to your booking. Such providers may send emails of a marketing nature if you have agreed to receive such newsletters and will track some performance indicators, such as open and click rates.
- Advertising partners who may use email address, cookies and other tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons, to gather information about your activities on our website and other sites to provide you with targeted advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
- Our business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them. We may also share your data with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our website.
- Legal authorities when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorised or required to do so or when necessary to do so to protect the rights and safety of The Goring, employees and users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful use of our services.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personally identifiable information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of The Goring.
- Information that is aggregated or anonymised that does not directly identify you.
How we Protect your Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, considering the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information.
Our website is hosted on a secure https server and is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use Sophos Endpoint Security and Control for Windows. We implement a variety of security measures when a user makes a booking, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit card information you supply is encrypted via SSL Secure Socket Layer technology. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then The Goring will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes or you wish your information to be removed from our records, you may update or delete it by emailing The Goring. We will give you access to your personally identifiable information that we hold within 30 days of a request to access. You may send a request to this email address email@example.com. If you wish to stop receiving email newsletters, click on the unsubscribe link on any of the newsletters.
How Long Personal Data is Kept
We will retain your information for as long as required to deliver your service, agreement or resolve any issues, or until advised not to. Please note that we cannot always delete records of all historical data. For example, we are required to retain certain records for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
Third Party Websites
Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.