The Great Goring Pudding Competition
Win a Weekend at The Goring
***This competition is now closed***
Creamy, Steamy, Fruity, Hot, Tart. These are words that excite us all.
You will therefore be delighted to hear that they are on our lips because, after a ten-year absence, the Great Goring Pudding Contest is back.
Our panel of celebrated judges are on standby to take recipe entries from you, our beloved guests. They will cook off the top three recipes, prod them a bit and decide upon the winner. We are sure that you will all have been practising your puds during the hiatus, so the standard will be high!
The Prize: A Weekend at The Goring with Afternoon Tea
The creator of our favourite pudding will be invited to spend two nights at The Goring with a guest including breakfast each morning and our Champagne Afternoon Tea.
The Theme: Restaurants I Miss
To enter simply share your recipe for a dessert inspired by your favourite restaurant (extra points if it's one from The Goring!), along with a photo of it made by your fair hand in your kitchen.
Entries need to be emailed to email@example.com by 30 June 2020. In addition to your recipe and the photograph of your dish, please include details of the restaurant and dish which inspired you, your name, address and telephone number.
See full terms and conditions below.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition will have one winner [hereafter referred to as the “Prize Winner”]. The Prize Winner will be selected by a judging panel assembled by The Goring. The panel will shortlist three puddings from the entries to be made in the hotel kitchen by our team. Following a tasting the panel will select their favourite.
- Judging will take place before Friday 24 July 2020.
- Entrants must send an email with the recipe for their pudding and include a photograph of it made by themselves at home. Emails must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity may be required.
- Entrants will be accepted from the competition opening date on Monday 15 June 2020 until midnight on Tuesday 30 June 2020.
- One entry will be counted per person.
- The Prize Winner will be contacted via email. We reserve the right to announce the Prize Winner via any of The Goring's social media, marketing and PR channels.
- Once notified, the Prize Winner will have seven days to claim their prize. If the Prize Winner fails to respond in that period, the prize will be withdrawn, and an alternative Prize Winner will be selected.
- The prize [hereafter referred to as the “Prize”] consists of a two-night stay for two guests sharing a Deluxe Garden View Room. The stay includes Champagne Afternoon Tea for two one afternoon and full English breakfast for two both mornings.
- The Prize will be valid until 31 January 2021, subject to availability and seasonal blackout dates.
- The Prize Winner will have their reservation confirmed once they provide their full contact details and proposed date of stay.
- All elements of The Prize must be enjoyed on one occasion, they cannot be taken on separate dates.
- The Prize Winner is responsible for their own travel to and from The Goring.
- The Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative is available.
- The Prize Winner will be responsible for any additional spend during their hotel stay, including but not limited to: food, beverages, alcohol, room service, guest services, breakages and tickets arranged via the Concierge.
- The Goring is not liable for any personal damages, losses, cancellations or claims.
- We reserve the right to cancel/vary the prize without notice.