The Goring's Knockout Knickerbocker Glory
A Knickerbocker Glory is a beautiful thing and a real Goring favourite.
Having appeared on The Dining Room's menu in various guises over the years, we have been back through our archive to find a recipe in celebration of the season’s juiciest berries. Follow our special summer recipe for this fruity concoction and enjoy a taste of childhood on a spoon.
Have a go yourself and share the results with us on Instagram. Simply tag @thegoring
The Goring's Knickerbocker Glory Recipe
Makes two sundaes
- 8 strawberries (4 quartered, 4 halved)
- 8 raspberries
- 100ml orange juice
- 1 gelatine leaf
- 100g strawberry ice cream
- 50g crème pâtissière
- 150g Chantilly cream
- 2tbsp grated chocolate
- Put the quartered strawberries and raspberries into two tall glasses.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water and then gently melt in the orange juice over a low heat. Pour into the two glasses until the berries are covered and place in the fridge to set.
- When the jelly is set, layer the strawberry ice cream on top before adding the remaining strawberries.
- Mix the pastry cream with 50g of the Chantilly cream and spoon on top of the strawberries.
- Top with the remaining Chantilly cream, sprinkle with the grated chocolate and serve immediately.