The Old Flame
The Goring's Fabulous Festive Cocktail
The Old Flame Cocktail is a timeless Old Fashioned which has been given a fruity new lease of life and is one of The Goring Cocktail Bar's Christmassy cocktails for this festive season.
With Macallan double cask, a homemade pomegranate reduction and olive essence it really is quite something. Why not have a go at making this at home and enjoy a little bit of Goring magic!
The Old Flame Cocktail Recipe
Makes one cocktail
- 50ml Macallan double cask
- 25ml Pomegranate juice reduction (instructions below)
- 2.5ml Manguin Oli still
- 3ml Sugar syrup
- A dash Ms Better Strawberry bitters
For the Pomegranate reduction
- 1l Pomegranate juice
- 100g sugar
Method for the Pomegranate reduction
1. Cook both ingredients together and reduce the juice to half of the initial content.
2. Let it cool down and keep refrigerated.
1. Add all the ingredients into a mixing glass and stir for a few seconds.
2. Pour it over ice in an Old fashioned glass.
Basil and a dash of olive oil or add pomegranate seeds on top of the ice.