Win a Bespoke Cocktail Class
Post a Summer Sting or cocktail creation on Instagram to win
***This competition is now closed***
Sad that we would not actually be able to make our delightful Champagne cocktail, the Summer Sting, for you in person this year, we thought we would share the recipe and encourage you to make your own.
The Prize: A Cocktail Class with Head Mixologist Tiago Mira
Spend an afternoon with handsome Head Mixologist Tiago Mira in a bespoke cocktail class for two in The Goring Cocktail Bar, followed by an evening of food and cocktail tasting.
The Recipe: Summer Sting
Champagne Bollinger (or the cheap stuff), a splash of nettle cordial (you can make this by simmering 12 young nettles (use your gardening gloves) and a teaspoon of sugar in half a pint of water), a splash of fresh apple juice, a dot of grenadine and a fresh mint leaf to finish.
To enter, either mix up our suggested summer tipple or your own cocktail creation, and:
- Follow The Goring on Instagram
- Post the recipe and a photo of your cocktail creation
- Tag us in the post, along with the friend you would share the prize with
Competition closes on 12 July 2020. Full terms and conditions are below.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition will have one winner [hereafter referred to as the “Prize Winner”]. The Prize Winner will be selected by the team at The Goring based on their cocktail creation.
- The Prize Winner will be selected before Friday 31 July 2020.
- Entry consists of:
- Following The Goring on Instagram
- Posting a photo and accompanying recipe of the Prize Winner's cocktail creation
- Tagging a friend who the Prize Winner will share the prize with
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity may be required.
- Entrants will be accepted from the competition opening date on Monday 15 June 2020 until midnight on Tuesday 30 June 2020.
- One entry will be counted per person.
- The Prize Winner will be contacted via social media. We reserve the right to announce the Prize Winner via any of The Goring's social media channels.
- Once notified, the Prize Winner will have seven days to claim their prize. If the Prize Winner fails to respond in that period, the prize will be withdrawn, and an alternative Prize Winner will be selected.
- The cocktail class [hereafter referred to as the “Prize”] consists of a 60-minute cocktail masterclass for two with Tiago Mira in The Goring Cocktail Bar, followed by a selection of Bar Food and a flight of cocktails each.
- The Prize will be valid until 30 November 2020, subject to availability and seasonal blackout dates. On notification of winning the Prize Winner will be asked to select a suitable date to redeem the Prize.
- All elements of the Prize must be enjoyed on one occasion, they cannot be taken on separate dates.
- The Prize Winner is responsible for their own travel to and from The Goring.
- The Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative is available.
- The Prize Winner will be responsible for any additional spend.
- The Goring is not liable for any personal damages, losses, cancellations or claims.
- We reserve the right to cancel/vary the prize without notice.